May is safe dig month

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sbvfd592, May 13, 2008.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.call811.com/about-us/default.aspx

811 is the new NATIONAL # for dig safe!! I hope you ALL use this service its free and its give costumers a piece of mind and makes them think you know what you are doing. Im not saying they dont alreddy but most of the time i get the (The other guy) dident say that they had to do it.

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I always call.. that way I can just plow through all the phone and cable lines free of charge!! jk!!!!!

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

MAY IS SAFE DIG MONTH

I know! I know!!!

I can't wait till it's over. This calling before you dig stuff is getting old. June can't come soon enough! :D

I hear June is PULL PERMITS month. That's going to be a royal PITA. I guess I'm going to have to start pulling permits when we install sprinklers and decks and stuff. The nerve of these people!

And then July is OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH month, where we're going to have to actually wear hearing protection, back braces and not work in 6' deep trenches with a big backhoe bucket over our heads. What a pain in the butt that's going to be. I'll have to hang up my flip flops and actually kick the dust off the old steel-toed boots for a whole month.

Of course nobody's looking forward to August; DRIVE SAFELY month. No more zooming through residential neighborhoods and school zones at 52 mph, cutting people off on the freeway or throwing cig. butts out into oncoming traffic. And I'll actually have to start tarping down our loads when we overload the truck with leaves and clippings. That's some boo-sh|t right there.

I understand September is SMART IRRIGATION month. Which I am actually looking forward too, because I am just sick tired of doing it the stupid way.

October; GET A BUSINESS LICENSE month
    Novermber; EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE month
    and December; SIT AROUND THE HOUSE, GO BROKE, AND WONDER IF THIS BUSINESS IS REALLY WORTH IT month.

Who comes up with this stuff anyway? Like I need any more burdens placed on my small business. Sheesh!!!