Maybe I am behin the curve "Quick 36"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J Hisch, Jan 15, 2006.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I just took a look at the Quick 36, I must say wow! Looked very impressive, finally an affordable walkbehind unit. I like, the hydro, electric, start, 16HP engine. Have I been missing out? I never hear anyone mention them when someone is asking about walkbehins. I will more than likely look into them when my Scag units wear out. for that money you could have 2 machine for close to the price of one major manufactuers units.

2. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

Most of the LCO's on here only run dual hydro walk-behinds. The Quick 36 is a single hydro unit. However, I feel the 3 blade cutting system is definitely a plus for the Super Duty, & I believe is the only 36" walk behind that offers it. The other units use 2 blades. I also like the shorter overall length of the unit. There are a lot of good things about this unit, & I will also probably be trying one in the future.
    By the way, I now live in SW Missouri, but I was born there in Evansville, & have some family in Cynthiana.
    bigcutup

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Do a search there are lots of threads about it. TClawn has one I think and posted lots of pics of it and the cut. Eventauly I think Gary will do a model with dual hydros.

4. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

With dual hydro's; I belive it would be walkin' with the big dawgs.

It is a nice machine, espcially for the price.

Cuts great!

5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i saw pics of them watched videos on them they seem very professional and affordable and look really nice.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We are Scag Hydro guys and that isn't no Scag, but it does cost a lot less. There is another thread going about the fact that the single hydro is very hard to deal with on slopes and hills. You have to provide the muscle to keep it going straight, same as you have to do on turns. Funny how easy it is to turn on blacktop but in the field it is a lot different.

7. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I have known people in all walks of business that "settle" for an asset (usually it is price induced) The ONLY TIME YOU EVER want to do that is if you just CANNOT get in business any other way, and you INTEND to upgrade as soon as possible. I see guys with inferior equipment to mine, always taking at least twice as long to do the same job. They are making 30 an hour, while I am making 60 to 80 an hour. My equipment will outlast their equipment by years also. Price becomes a really stupid moot point when you are talking only a few thousand dollars for a vast difference in the quality of equipment you are going to go out and try to kick butt with day in and day out, year after year, and more importantly THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of hours at double or triple the pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!