Maybe in the Spring

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 18, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

So I started to call up the rest of my fall clean ups that I had left to do and apologized to them and told them that there is a good chance that I will not be able to do the work this fall because of the snow on the ground. Most of them were ok with it, but one guy really, really, really wants me to do it this year.

He was like saying, "Don't worry, you will get to it, the weather will clear up and the snow will melt, so you can get to it no problem."

I was like, "Well, just in case I can't get to it, I can do it in the spring for you."

Customer, "Ya, but don't worry, you will be able to do it this year."

We did this back and forth. I finally realized that the phone call was a lost cause.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Older guy?? Not that it matters, Just my guess from my limited experiance. Hope the snow melts for you though.

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah yeah. He will understand. Im sure you would be happier not getting it done, its hard to go from leaves, to snow, back to leaves again.

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

This happens to us almost every year. We have always been able to get them cleaned up. Right now we have 4" of snow but it's expected to melt by monday morning so we should have no problem getting them done.
    It's not good to skip them until spring because next year they might want you to just skip the fall and wait until spring. You could loose out on a clean up.

5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Plus trying to cleanup a whole season of leaves in the spring is tough after all that moisture in them. Almost impossible to suck up, tarps are nealy the only way. Good luck getting them in before the winter.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ya, but better to tell them you will do it in the spring instead of possibly losing them all together