Maybe no work this week

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Nov 4, 2012.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Me too, I voted 3 times!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Three times?

3. cgaengineer

It was a joke man!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I know....I just wanted to see what you would say.:laugh: I am very aware of those who actually had voted several times.....sad.

5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

There is nothing wrong with being prepared for a storm , hurricane , snow , tornado etc.When the grid goes down nothing works that requires electricity . I hoard gas , diesel , food , have back up water , firewood . I keep a rotating stock of necessities . Most importantly I have cash ready , during an event , credit cards and checks are worthless . My wife gave me a hard time before a snowstorm when I added 125 gallons of gas , and bought 2 weeks of non perishable food , when the storm hit and the electric went out I didnt miss a beat , kept the trucks moving , kept the house warm and kept the family fed . And yes I sold some 5 gallon cans of gas for more than retail , It took time to assemble , and unload and prepare , it was a basic business transaction based on supply and demand .

6. cgaengineer

So you profited on others misery...you are a real piece of work! ;)

You also did something out of the ordinary...you were prepared...Oh my god, what a novel idea!

I too am prepared...I keep gasoline, food and I normally have cash in my safe for emergencies.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

i'll bet the 'prepared guy' voted in the 'R' column...

speaking of the title of this thread....

if Obama wins, there will likely be no work for anyone!

8. Mdirrigation

When I sold some gas , I didnt profit on their misery , but on their lack of prepardness ,since I took the fuel to them in 2 feet of snow , filled their generator and started it , what I made was equal to my normal hourly rate plus parts . They got a deal

I sleep better being prepared .

9. cgaengineer

I'm just messing with you...I think you should have sold it at a loss... ;) after all you had way more gas than you needed...
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Mdirrigation

I have a excursion V10 , it loves gas . Between generator and plowing I only had 20 gallons left when the electric was restored . I figured you were kidding