1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mb not mulching well

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mesome5, Nov 23, 2012.

1. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

If it's a 2 in 1 deck I think that means it may be 52", as the smaller decks aren't convertible, I think. 52" with the MB is a lot of deck if it's just the 18hp engine choices. Not a lot of torque there.

Definitely try slowing down and cutting less off. There are limits to mulching even with plenty of power. You may have to make a second clean-up pass many times, though that's still probably not that much worse than bagging in the big picture.
  2. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

I think the MB can go 8mph, which in my experience with Exmark is pretty fast to mulch cleanly.
  3. mowzilla

mowzilla LawnSite Member

correct bruno. and also i wouldn't be running anything larger than a 48 with the mbv or mbk. the mbk23efi, yes. my mbv with the ml42 mulch deck does the bet job i have ever seen any mower do mulching
  4. mesome5

mesome5 LawnSite Member

It's the 48" 2 in 1 deck with the 23hp efi mb. I just put some brand new blades on, same result. Windrows in the middle and right side, going fast or slow.
  5. mowzilla

mowzilla LawnSite Member

mine is a straight up mulch deck. call the factory. they will help you. i had that issue (similar) with my exmarks. seems like it may be a combo deck issue . call walker.