1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

McG_Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by McG_Landscaping, Mar 18, 2011.

1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I decided to finally start my own thread after following the site for a little while. I pulled all of my mowers out of storage today and snapped a few pics although they are not the best quality! This is officially my second year as a company although I have been doing this for about 8 years on the side. The first picture is right after I pulled out the trailer, the second is of my push mowers (cheap ones from HD) and the third pic is of my truck. I will hopefully take some pics of the walkbehind and some more equipment next weekend!

2011-03-18_14-40-11_160.jpg

2011-03-18_19-09-17_300.jpg

2011-03-18_19-10-25_802.jpg

2. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Look's nice, I can't really tell, but it looks like you have 4 walk behinds on that trailer. Are you transporting or do you actually take all of them out when you mow? Are you properties just that small to run a 21" crew or am I just missing a larger mower somewhere?

Anyway, it looks good, now show us some of your work :)

3. McG_Landscaping

There were 3 21" mowers on there and my 48" hydro snapper. I normally take 2 of the 21" mowers with me and the walk behind. Some of the yards I do are extreme hills and my one friend usually helps me out. On an average day I only use one but they were all at my uncles house over the winter so i had to bring them home! I will definitely post some pics of my work after I get working! :dizzy: I didnt really take any pictures last year.

4. McG_Landscaping

I actually found a few older pics. The first few pics are of my old 2002 GMC Sierra 1500 that I traded in on my F250, the landscaping picture is from a job I did with my uncle (his company and mine work together alot) after landscaping and before the yard, then the last few pictures are of me plowing this past year!

2011-01-13_15-11-11_158.jpg

2011-01-13_10-57-08_1.jpg

100_0867.jpg

2011-01-30_11-52-14_150.jpg

2011-02-08_16-28-23_652.jpg

5. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice. Landscaping looks good.

6. SkinnyVinny

SkinnyVinny LawnSite Senior Member

what kind of plow is on the white ford? those push plates are HUGEEEE

7. McG_Landscaping

Thanks! I personally am not a huge fan of the rocks but thats what she wanted!

8. McG_Landscaping

It has a western unimount on it. The unimounts will only fit on the newer fords with a mounting kit that attaches to the ultra mount setup. I am not a huge fan of how far it stick out but it gets the job done! The plow also has a rubber cutting edge which I plan to take off over the summer unless i get a second plow.

9. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

I think 3 push mowers and a 48" hydro are highly underestimated. I bet once you get going and have a helper you can make really good time with that setup.

I want to ask, I've been thinking my next pushmow will be a Toro Recycler like those you have. I'm guessing they do okay if you have 3 of them. I see alot of pros have them. I'm not impressed with the $1200 commercial 21's at all so just wanted to find out what you thought of them.

10. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

looks good,nice equipment.