1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

McG_Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by McG_Landscaping, Mar 18, 2011.

1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks! I just use an old flat (edging) shovel. Some times I use a bed edger to start then I finish with the shovel but on this job I just used the shovel.

2. jdo150

jdo150 LawnSite Member

I hate mowing in the rain it makes a mess of the lawn and my equipment. The only time I mow in the rain is if it starts to rain as I'm in the middle of doing a lawn. The Edging looks good and so does the mulch, nice work.

3. normower

normower LawnSite Member
    from pa

Hey McGinn,

Was at McDonalds in Allison Park today and saw you stopped at the light on Route 8 (you were right in front of Mcd's). Truck and sideboards looked good. Were you doing work around there? I live like 3 minutes from that McDonald's.

4. McG_Landscaping

Thanks! I hate mowing in the rain but with school and rain in the forecast for the next week they had to get done.
    Yeah I was there! If it was in the afternoon I think I had just finished my last yard and had just dumped my grass! I was actually mowing my one friend's house out off of saxonburg blvd. Thats one of my more normal routes I take to go everywhere!

5. McG_Landscaping

So I have been putting off doing this hillside for a bit but finally got it started. I will finish it next week. The first pic is what it looked like before then some during/after pics. I still have more to do and I did more after these pics I just forgot to take some after pictures.

2011-04-27_18-18-20_241.jpg

2011-04-27_19-29-34_739.jpg

2011-04-28_14-33-22_721.jpg

2011-04-28_14-33-27_955.jpg

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

What's that, about 5 yards of river gravel? That'll look real nice when it's done.

7. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Looking good man, river rock is good stuff!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. McG_Landscaping

I believe in that picture there was 4 tons/yards. I laid 6 in total today and I have another 6 or 7 more on the right side of the hill. It's a large improvement over what was there and this is one of my weekly mows. The guy was really happy so far. To mow the bottom of this hill I have to take my walk behind down it and last week I got stuck and had to pull it up over with my truck.

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Looking good, God thats all we do here in pittsburgh is landscape hillsides!

10. McG_Landscaping

Thanks! I usually prefer mulch but it looks alright!

Thank you! I feel the same way. Mowing and landscaping hillsides. I would like a nice zero turn rider but I cut way too many hilly or uneven yards