1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by McG_Landscaping, Mar 18, 2011.

1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I had a 95 ram 2500 and it was all rust. It was a powerhouse with the v 10 but the tranny went then after that I had more problems so it was traded in on my last truck. I just had to upgrade recently to the 250 because eventhough people say you don't need more than a 1500 to mow I really do sometimes around here especially if your fully loaded with the hills. My sierra would struggle to do 40 up route 8 with the trailer a full 6 ft bed of grass and mowers
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Wow the V10 eh? Mine's just the 360 V8, love driving that truck though, tons of power and comfortable inside. Well seeing that you plow, you absolutely need a 3/4 or more.

Tell me bout it man, my Silverado is only a 6 cylinder, struggles up hills with any load/trailer on it. Love to trade both trucks in and get a 1 ton, maybe next year.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. McG_Landscaping

Yeah i have my truck for the next 5 years lol. I am buying a cheap car hopefully to drive back and forth to school or a small truck soon. I would like a dump to plow/salt but that wont happen for a bit. I can get 5 yards of mulch (almost 6 ) on my truck and 1 ton of stone or dirt so its working alright for now
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

There's always something to be upgraded or bought... I hear ya, I bet that thing sucks down the gas to and from school. That's a fair amount of mulch man... I only dare put 3 yards in mine and only 1/2 ton of stone... blah the 1/2 ton! Should use the Dodge and get it into landscaping gear then get rid of the Chevy...

Saw you said you wanted to buy a V-Box for the winter... going with new or used? I'd love to get one too but I may just end up getting a tailgate spreader for now... we'll see.
  5. McG_Landscaping

I want to get a poly one like brads. Ill probably go new so it is not all rusted and beaten. I just bought a pas 225 trimmer and can't find a chainsaw head =( the whole reason I got it. And I just bought a new 8' ladder for a few jobs I have next week. Yeah stick some sides on the dodge and use it hard! I love hauling 5 yards at a time because that's usually how many yards I do on jobs. A guy doesn't believe me for a job I just did and basically called me out saying that I didn't have 5 yards on it. He was right because there was almost 6 on there. I know the loaders and they heap a 1 yard bucket and throw extra on. The guy is a major pita even after I cut him a break on the price and did extra work he didn't want to pay for because he was going to do it but never did. I hate people. So I have to go do another yard for free tomorrow for him. I wont be working for him again needless to say
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. McG_Landscaping

So I have been slacking recently! I have pictures of jobs I have been doing but have not had the time to upload them. Also there were a few jobs I didnt grab pictures of.

7. McG_Landscaping

some of my commercial account that I mulched then a few others of another mulch job

8. McG_Landscaping

I know someone is going to say something about the edging but the homeowner did it. All I did was mulch.

9. McG_Landscaping

A few more mowing pics. All of them are with the snapper except the one where my finger is over the corner :)

10. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

Call Golden eagle (724) 864-5147
    I was there last week and they had a chainsaw attachment
    And if they dont have one call
    Labuda Farm Service (724) 446-7231
    The last time I was there they also had one :usflag: