1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

McG_Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by McG_Landscaping, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

They going to look like Tims and mine?

Good luck man!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

In a way but theyre only going to be 18" high or so. Theyre going to be green with white lettering but if I dont like the white lettering they will stay solid!

3. Pressedun

Ahh nice, not going all the way up to the roof then?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. McG_Landscaping

No. Since its my daily driver and I plan on getting a dump insert this summer so at that point they are coming off! 18" is right around the top of the window which I really wanted to protect. I might space them with a small gap in between the boards to make it taller but I am unsure until i mess around tomorrow and see how it looks!

5. Pressedun

Sounds good man, Tim's got the gaps and I don't, don't know which I'd like better but I assume the ones I have. Going for an insert eh? Seems like that could be rough for a daily driver but let us know when you get it!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. McG_Landscaping

Yeah I will have to see how i like the board setup before I actually construct it. And if I have a good summer I would like to pick up a small ranger or something because I drive to Slippery Rock for school every week, come home to work every weekend, go back up at the end of the weekend and if i get a few more contracts I will be driving back and forth on Thursday as well. And twice a month in the spring and fall I drive from Slippery Rock to carnegie to work at one contact I have. But in the summer I dont have to travel as far. I have access to a dump truck if I need it for bigger jobs but an insert would be nice to dump off grass and for mulch. I only have 2 years max left of school. So this traveling will all be done soon!

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

which one? I was at the one off camp horne road this evening

8. Pressedun

All makes sense to me man, good luck with everything and perhaps I'll see you around!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. McG_Landscaping

I just went with the srm 225. I figured if i like it i might buy another one (or the next model up) this year or next and if i cant get used to it then at least I will have a backup. But I think I will like it! And I was at the home depot over in hampton on route 8. Its the closest to my house as well as the one on mcknight road but i like the one in hampton better. I hate making trips to the hd for the fact that I always tend to spend money there.

10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Ahh ok ya I been there once or twice when I used to work down on wildwood road with my uncle 3yrs ago. Every once in a while I will make a trip out to that autozone that is the closest autozone to me!