McG_Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by McG_Landscaping, Mar 18, 2011.

1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

id like it to be red and have a chain lift :laugh: too bad western doesnt really have a nice plow for a 1/2 ton. but i think ill most likely go with a snow dogg v like jeremy's or a meyers. we will have to see what my money situation looks like at the end of the summer

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

gotcha you could put a western midweight on it probably be a tad heavier than a Meyer but it should be fine. The v would be nice for those big storms just gonna be a little rougher on your truck

3. McG_Landscaping

hmm i didnt even consider that! i know that they have the smaller western plow that has a cylinder like a boss but i didnt know the midweight existed. I might go with that if i can get one for the right price! Id like the trucks to match. plus this plow has been really reliable

4. McG_Landscaping

Well I guess the season has started? I am hoping things will pick up soon and I am sure that they will, but right now its slow. Heres a downed tree removal i did over the weekend

2012-02-29_12-15-01_706.jpg

2012-02-29_12-16-02_102.jpg

2012-02-29_12-16-10_272.jpg

2012-03-03_16-29-52_945.jpg

2012-03-03_16-30-06_839.jpg

5. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

There's like a branch or two... Bet that was fun work, love using the chainsaw!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. bulhead19

bulhead19 LawnSite Member

@McG_Landscaping

Out of curiosity, How big was the tree? What do you charge for such a clean up if you don't mind me asking? Pm if you want. Thanks

7. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Nice size tree. I send those big trees to a tree service. By the time I cut it up and fill two p/u trucks and trailer and unload it, pay dumping fees I'd have to charge way more than a tree service.

8. McG_Landscaping

just a branch or two
    pm sent
    yeah its bigger than i thought. but it still wasnt too bad. i rather do the work and make some money than have no work at all!

9. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

nice work and a good looking sized tree. Howd you get that once big piece into the back of the silverado

10. McG_Landscaping

thanks! i just picked it up over my shoulder and threw it in the truck like a beast :weightlifter: haha no i actually just took the 250 to the job then realized i didnt have enough room so my dad brought the 1500 over and me him and my brother lifted it in.