1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

McG_Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by McG_Landscaping, Mar 18, 2011.

1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have the tag in my truck. I will check tomorrow. The place I buy it from mixes their own and tends to be some of the nicer stuff out there. And i think it was triple 19 but I have to check that too. I went through 500+lbs of seed this year I should know the composition of it but I still dont

2. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Alright i was just wondering. Seems you got. Good method that works
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. McG_Landscaping

No problem. It seems to turn out pretty nice! I also like to use lesco's double eagle seed which is just rye. People seem to have a bias against rye and peopel around here think its a junk grass but i love it

4. greenstar lawn

Yea I use the athletic blend and quality blend. Ppl want the kbg the most and get great results with it along with a starter fert
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. McG_Landscaping

kbg is nice but it takes a long time to germinate. pennstate has the bluegrass in it but i think its only 20-40%. it is nice but it usually takes about a month or so for it to germinate

6. greenstar lawn

Yea it takes awhile but it's also blended in with some fescue and rye. But most lawns around here is Bluegrass so when the rye comes through it definitely sticks out
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. McG_Landscaping

yeah that makes the difference. everything around here is mostly just crappy mixed grass unless the yard has been redone recently. and even if it has, usually its blue grass rye or fescue so it blends well

8. McG_Landscaping

The first picture is a yard repair I did a few pages back. The second and third are a yard repair I did for the garbage company I do work for. They had a truck back through a yard. The fourth picture is the content of the seed I use. And finally my new to me plow for the 1500 that I brought home tonight

Gilbert (800x451).jpg

Yard repair 1 (800x451).jpg

repair 2 (800x451).jpg

seed (451x800).jpg

Sno Way (800x451).jpg

9. kyles landscape

kyles landscape LawnSite Senior Member

let me know how you like that snowway and how rough it is on your truck i was thinking of getting one for my 150 for a smaller driveway setup

10. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

That yard turned out nice man.