Lawn Care Forum banner

McG_Landscaping

265K views 931 replies 88 participants last post by  S-205 
#1 ·
I decided to finally start my own thread after following the site for a little while. I pulled all of my mowers out of storage today and snapped a few pics although they are not the best quality! This is officially my second year as a company although I have been doing this for about 8 years on the side. The first picture is right after I pulled out the trailer, the second is of my push mowers (cheap ones from HD) and the third pic is of my truck. I will hopefully take some pics of the walkbehind and some more equipment next weekend!

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Look's nice, I can't really tell, but it looks like you have 4 walk behinds on that trailer. Are you transporting or do you actually take all of them out when you mow? Are you properties just that small to run a 21" crew or am I just missing a larger mower somewhere?

Anyway, it looks good, now show us some of your work :)

#3 ·
There were 3 21" mowers on there and my 48" hydro snapper. I normally take 2 of the 21" mowers with me and the walk behind. Some of the yards I do are extreme hills and my one friend usually helps me out. On an average day I only use one but they were all at my uncles house over the winter so i had to bring them home! I will definitely post some pics of my work after I get working! :dizzy: I didnt really take any pictures last year.

#4 ·
I actually found a few older pics. The first few pics are of my old 2002 GMC Sierra 1500 that I traded in on my F250, the landscaping picture is from a job I did with my uncle (his company and mine work together alot) after landscaping and before the yard, then the last few pictures are of me plowing this past year!

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Tire

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car Snow

Plant Window Property Building Tree

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Snow Car Vehicle

#7 ·
#8 ·
what kind of plow is on the white ford? those push plates are HUGEEEE
It has a western unimount on it. The unimounts will only fit on the newer fords with a mounting kit that attaches to the ultra mount setup. I am not a huge fan of how far it stick out but it gets the job done! The plow also has a rubber cutting edge which I plan to take off over the summer unless i get a second plow.

#9 ·
I think 3 push mowers and a 48" hydro are highly underestimated. I bet once you get going and have a helper you can make really good time with that setup.

I want to ask, I've been thinking my next pushmow will be a Toro Recycler like those you have. I'm guessing they do okay if you have 3 of them. I see alot of pros have them. I'm not impressed with the $1200 commercial 21's at all so just wanted to find out what you thought of them.

#11 ·
I think 3 push mowers and a 48" hydro are highly underestimated. I bet once you get going and have a helper you can make really good time with that setup.

I want to ask, I've been thinking my next pushmow will be a Toro Recycler like those you have. I'm guessing they do okay if you have 3 of them. I see alot of pros have them. I'm not impressed with the $1200 commercial 21's at all so just wanted to find out what you thought of them.
I really like the setup I have! The personal pace mowers are nice until it gets a bit wet! Real early in the morning when there is dew or right after a rain storm they tend to have to be emptied more often. This was more of a problem on the older models but the series last year got alot better with their bagging design! I have used commercial push mowers and I actually have 2 that were nice until parts on them broke but i will take my $400 home depot toro personal pace mower any day over those! Also they do surprisingly good on hills even the steep ones! When I start mowing this year I will post alot more pictures especially of some of the hills! This year I think I am going to buy the John Deere personal pace mower. They seem to have a nice design and I want to see how it compares to the toro! I also plan on adding a 36" this year if i can afford one because it would be nice on some of the smaller yards and speed up production! So, after all of my rambling, overall i would recommend the toro 21'' mowers!

#12 ·

Screw the toro's they're junk bought one last s
Posted via Mobile Device

#13 ·
sorry is was on my iphone and it cut off. Anywho, STAY AWAY from the Personal Pace Toro. I bought one last spring to replace my old Toro 21" nothing like the old one. It's a piece of junk and it features a Briggs and Straton Engine. Briggs has a hard time handling increasing amounts of ethanol in the gas according to my dealer. I limped it through the summer cutting season but mainly used my Crapsman 21" as back up haha. This winter I bought a Honda 21" self propelled unit. Works a lot better Honda mower and Honda engine Thats the way to go IMO. Best of luck to you!

#18 ·
Looks good bud, where did you learn to landscape? That little bed looks really nice with the mulch and rock.
Thanks! I actually collaborate a lot with my uncle. He worked for JML for years when JML was just starting out. Now he has over 33 years experience and we work together on quite a few jobs. This was one of his planting designs/jobs that we worked on together. We ended up re-doing all of her beds, fixing drainage issues and redoing her entire yard. I will take some pics of the entire job next weekend to show you how nice it all filled in. Neither of us were too fond of the rock but the homeowner definitely wanted it. We talked her into some mulch as well. The only place you can get this color rock is at Armstrong Farms Supply Yard out on route 8. It actually really turned out pretty well.

#20 ·
#22 ·
I love the look of that gravel, but apparently I'm the only one :laugh::laugh:
Lol its alright! everyone is entitled to their opinions. I feel about gravel the same way I feel about red mulch. :hammerhead: It sucks but if its put down right in the right situation I can accept it.

#23 ·
I'll be doing a lot in Gibsonia this year, also down toward Robinson/Crafton, and of course Wexford/Cranberry. Might see you around, I'm working for MMC Land Management.
Yeah most of my stuff is in the Shaler, Hampton, Gibsonia, and Ross areas but i am really looking/hoping to expand a bit this year. I will keep an eye out for MMC. Hopefully I will get some kind of decals/lettering that will set me apart from the millions of other white f250s out there this summer.

#26 ·
Looks great,nice lawn setup i like the equipment:weightlifter:
Thanks! I will hopefully take quite a few more next weekend and post them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.