Mclaren Protrac rubber tracks for skidsteer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bobcat63, May 19, 2005.

1. Bobcat63

Bobcat63 LawnSite Member

Hey I,m thinking about buying some tracks for a 863 Bobcat and was looking at the Mclaren Protrac rubber with the replaceable pads. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these and how they perform. Thanks for the input

2. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

i've used mclaren on a Takeuchi (spelling?) before, never had any problems, seemed to be great tracks

3. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

From all the research I have been doing they seem like great tracks. I am about to pick up a set for my case 1840. They have only about 1-1.5" space between tracks from what I gather and that equates to 4 more tracks on the ground then the others at any given time. Also complete rebuild ability is cool too.

When I get some I will post some pics and let ya know what I think. I am in no way a big time skid steer user, so they will be limited, but I will put them to the test =).

Much cheaper then the loegering vts system I was looking at.

BTW, I have no affiliation with the company.

4. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

I am considering the McLaren tracks as well. I have already put their "Semi Pneumatic" tires on and they are awesome! Love to hear your actual opinion once you get them. I wonder really how much more "flotation" you get with them. I am even considering trading my JD 320 in this fall for the new JD CTL, but if these tracks were to give me a bit more versatility, I am all for em!

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member