MD Commericial Bids

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by flxinxj, Oct 25, 2007.

1. flxinxj

flxinxj LawnSite Member

I am looking to get more commercial accounts for 08 only have 1 now. I am in the belair/cecil and Baltimore area. I know a lot start accepting bids in January. I have talked to one management company that said they will put me on there mailing list. Does anyone know a better time for bids in this area or good property Management Company to deal with. Thanks

2. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

any area, try to hit them up in September.
    ALot of places sign early on. But just requesting to get on their bid list is probably the best way.

There are numerous places in your area. Tons of commercial. All along Rte 40, white marsh, ect. Tons of office buildings.

Just make cold calls.

Good luck

3. flxinxj

flxinxj LawnSite Member

Thanks any advice on calling industrial parks and office buildings. I tried a couple last year and they waited till the last min to sign with some one. You’re saying I should start calling around like yesterday? Is that all the property company do is mail you a list of the properties they manage and what they are looking for.

4. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

I know alot of lawn companies have conditioned their commercial accts to sign with them in September (so someone can't come along in January and try to steal them).

Its rather difficult to find the actual building owner sometimes, because alot of times companies in buildings, are just tenants. Getting in touch with realtors or property management companies is probably a good place to start.

5. flxinxj

flxinxj LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help