MD Lawn Care & Landscaping Pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MDLawn, May 20, 2011.

1. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

As some of you may know I've decided to hang up the landscape boots and just work my full time so I can spend time with my family.....at least thats the plan. I will definitely miss doing the work but I cannot miss my son growing up. If we need the money I'll just start up once again but I dont imagine that to be the case. So as one of my last pictures I will post my own retirement present. :laugh::laugh: Hoping to do more traveling with the family in the spring&summer so this beast will help out!! Plus I still want a truck. Who know's what next spring will bring but as of the end of the year I'm out. Thanks to all those who helped me along the way, couldnt have done it without your help and guidance!!

Details - 2008 CC SWB DRW V10

IMG00448-20110624-1929a.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Dope truck man.

3. jhouchins

jhouchins LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Very nice work. You won't have a problem getting back in the business with that quality work. Enjoy the family bro.

4. MDLawn

Thanks. It'll be nice not to have to worry about scratchin it up with tools, mulch, soil, grass, etc...

5. MDLawn

Thanks I really appreciate the comments. I tried my best to give people what they deserved to recieve.

6. MDLawn

I know that when next spring comes it is going to be very different not running around for estimates, mulch, lawns, etc... I've done this for 10 years and I will admit it is really starting to set in that I will no longer be landscaping professionally. It's too bad because my referrals and jobs not from advertising were and still are coming in. I'll miss the money, the accomplishment of finishing a really good job, and making the customer happy. Oh yea using all that fun equipment too!! But leaving on a saturday and just watching my son waving bye to me knowing I wont see him for 10hrs kills me. Maybe full time wouldnt be that bad but the weather makes this industry so chaotic & stressful. Sincerely I wish nothing but the best for everyone who makes a true go in this industry.

Thanks Guys.

7. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Mulch jobs look nice, do you use a bed edger?

8. MDLawn

Thanks!

Nope, just my size 13 Timberland Pit Boss Boot and a sharpened spade. Pain in the arse but man that spade leaves a crisp edge. Never tried a bed edger once in 10 years, maybe should have. The friend who taught me everything drilled into my head to make the edges clean and crisp!!

BTW, nice website!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  9. MDLawn

Just some stripes from the other day. Glad I'm not doing any lawn/landscaping today, 92 degrees feels like 100, UV index High, Humidity 60%. At least there are 25mph winds :dizzy::dizzy:

Grass0001.JPG

10. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Nice truck man, is that a 6 foot bed on a DRW? I don't ever see that!