1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mdlawns has been launched!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

My web site was launched just a few minutes ago.. very excited. Please take the time to look around and tell me what you think.. likes and dislikes, design, content, code, etc. I think Steve did a fantastic job and was an absolute pleasure to deal with... as I can be pretty fussy/picky. :)

Now it's time to market & advertise heavily and drive potential clients to my site!

Looking forward to your comments or questions...

2. Teresa Weisenbarger

Teresa Weisenbarger Banned

I like the Site Design And Content. Yes Steve is Done Great Job.
  3. Lawn-Scapes

That's it??? I get one response ;)

Anyone else?
  4. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

awesome!!! Very nice , and I like the pictures of work done very professional .

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

Be patient.........lol:laugh:

Looks great.
  6. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not one to be asking about code, etc., but I think your site looks very nice. The design is very nice. It flows very well. I like your color scheme. I like your services page because there is less text. I wonder if the text on the home page might lose the interest of the customer. I would prefer to have a page like that on my "about us" page, rather than both the home page and the "about us" page.

i actually linked your site in an email that I sent to a designer as a sample of what I was looking for. So, definitely, i think it looks good.
  7. Lawn-Scapes

NO.. I want feedback NOW :laugh:

Just too excited I guess. Thanks!
  8. Lawn-Scapes

Hey thanks Turfdoc... I'll take your thoughts into consideration. Thanks for the compliments.
  9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

1) Code is not valid. Please validate!!

2) Mixture of hardcoded style, inline style, linked style is a NIGHTMARE.
    Separation of style and content is the recommended way to maintain your code.

3) Limited or no document structure/outline (check the "show outline" check box on html validator options)

4) Limited or no accessibility compliance

Beyond the above, I do like the design of the site. Nice use of repeated background image in the header.
    Personally I would make the center header image and the website address a clickable link back to the home page.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  10. Lawn-Scapes

I was hoping you would respond.. Thanks!

Is it really horrible? Are these easy to correct or is it really involved?