1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mean Green Lawn Care

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mikewhit1010, Mar 26, 2009.

1. mikewhit1010

mikewhit1010 LawnSite Senior Member

My name is Michael and I own Mean Green Lawn and Landscape in Dallas Fort Worth.

------ DISCLAIMER. I know the trailer is not level in one of the pictures. I dont have those Toros any more and I dont have pics of the Hondas. This is not all my equipment. The curve shaft trimmers hanging up is from the start of my business. _____

I have been on here for a while and I might have posted an about us but I figured I would let everyone know with an update.

I have a full time job and run crews during the day. I have had this business for 2 years (this being the second season) but I have been cutting grass for a number of years before. My twin brother ran Mean Green for a while and then sold it. I got into it because I was not happy with my current job (no sense of accomplishment) and I was in debt big time. I started Mean Green OCT 5 2007 with $500. I purchased a Toro lawn mower (Home Depot), Homelite blower, edger and trimmer. I put all the stuff in the back of the Yukon. All the Homelite stuff broke in 2 weeks. I picked up a few lawns which gave me a little cash to keep replacing homelite equipment with more homelite equipment. Then I picked up a property manager and he gave me 15 accounts. I bought a 1992 S-10 with 200K miles and loaded up everything in the back. I bought another Toro and my brother gave me an echo straight shaft. From there I kept adding lawns and upgrading equipment. I added a full time guy in Feb 2008 and then kept adding people as needed. A lot has happened since Oct 5 2007 but here is where I am now.

Dodge Ram
    Big tex 16ft trailer
    Zero Turn Exmark 48"
    34" Zero Turn
    36" walkbehind
    3 Honda Commercials - Just sold 4 Toro commercials
    1 Snapper commercial
    4 stihl weed eaters
    1 stihl chainsaw
    2 echo blowers
    1 Redmax back back blower
    2 Random chain saws
    2 echo hedge trimmers
    3 echo trimmers
    Misc other stuff.

50 Residential accounts on schedule
    150 acres managed for energy company
    about 2 landscape or tree jobs a week
    100 clients typically during the summer
    3 Full time employees - 1 that stays full time threw the winter

I still have everything that I started with to remind me of were I came from. I have been very lucky but I owe a lot of success to a few things.

Reinvesting - not being afraid to spend what I made
    Working long hours
    Not low balling, but not giving jobs away to low ballers if there was still profit
    Not giving up
    Sleepless nights
    My brother
    My new girlfriend who supports what I do
    The fact that I spend the time to learn everything I can about this industry
    Lawnsite - cheezy I know but you can gain a lot of knowledge on here
    My full time job floating my bills while I build Mean Green

So this is a success story during the time where the economy started tanking. If you do good work, surround yourself with good people, and never give up you will do well.

Here is some of my equipment. I will post more later.

www.meangreenlawncare.com

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

2. mikewhit1010

More pictures

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

mg_vector_badge.jpg

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

nice work!!!

4. mikewhit1010

Last one for now

Attached Files:

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pictures!

6. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

i really like big tex trailers, what size it that? 14'?

7. mikewhit1010

It is a 16ft. Man it is nice. I got it for $1400. It has a steel plated floor. I honestly like the open sides for day to day use. Do miss the sides though when hauling brush.

8. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

man you stole that for $1400!!!!

9. mikewhit1010

Yea I did. I saw it up online and the guy lived out way out there. It just so happened the day I called him he was coming into Fort Worth so I met up with him with cash as quick as I could. New tires, everything works, no scratches (before i got it) and it only hauled ATV so no landscape wear and tear. I would say that was one of the best deals I have done in this business. Sometimes you get lucky you know.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice! Also, Jeez,..for the sides on the trailer, you could always make you up some temporary sides that slide in and out for hauling debris and stuff.