1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mean Green Machines!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by paponte, Jan 25, 2006.

1. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Well here they are. A couple of pics of trucks, all dressed in Battle gear with nowhere to go! Was playing around at the shop today and had the digital on me so I clicked some pics for ya. Just wish there was some snow on the ground to put them all to work! :)

Green Machines.jpg

Green Machines2.jpg

Green Salters.jpg
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Sweet, i like those NPRs!!
  3. bigshoe

bigshoe LawnSite Member

Paul, Looks good I like the green makes every thing stand out and I am sure it gets you noticed more.

4. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice fleet man! Is that a F250 or F350 the first one on the left? How does it hold up the plow? What size of plow is it? I'm debating if I should buy a new F350 this season for snow-removal cause my F250 have split axles and don't know if it would hold up real well. Got anymore pictures?
  5. paponte

Thanks for the comments guys. The green is a new marketing route that we took this year, and yes we do turn a couple of heads with it! Alot of comments on not liking the color and simply why? questions, but it getsthe point across

The truck on the left is a 250 with the split front also. We installed a set of timbrens on it, and she handles the plow just fine. The plow is an 8' but with wings on she is about 10' wide.

I am sure I have pics floating around on one hard drive or another, would just have to post them. Only things left really are trailers, machines, vacuums, mulch blower, and the shop. :)
  6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Paul, Nice fleet. I see on the spreader's it says to stay back 100'. Are people really that stupid to get right behind you when your salting?

7. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

nice fleet i like the fords old fords are really nice.

lazer z yes if u watch the news on the high way people actually driv past them when they r plowing and they are taking up the hole road they r @$$ wholes.
  8. paponte

Abolutely 100% yes!

Just last year alone we were rear ended once. Accused of chipping a window. And BEST of all... Had one guy drive up my @ss so fast, got the whole hood of his car covered in sand. Once he realized I was sanding he went to fly around me and smashed the car driving next to me. He pushed the car into oncomming traffic, and he then spun out in front of me. Dropped the plow and hit the breaks hard, and just missed hitting this guy! Then he has the nuts to say it was my fault and that he was calling the cops. Told him go right ahead. Cop got there, and he tells the cop that I salted him on purpose! I simply said "I have an amber beacon, and a sign that CLEARLY states to keep back. IF he was 100' back, then how the hell did he get sand on his hood... if the spreader only spreads 30'?". You wouldn't believe the stuff you see in a snow storm. :mad:
  9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Wow, that just totally blows my mind that someone can be that stupid. I mean they tell you when it starts snowing to give the local & DOT guys room and you think IF they have sense enough to do that they would stay out of the way of commercial plowers as well. He should be lucky you did'nt hit him after he hit the other car. Did the cop laugh at that guy when he started b!tching about the sand?

10. paponte

Actually, I am lucky I didn't hit him. If I would have hit him it would have automatically put me at a % at fault also. Then I would have been really pissed. It was bad enough that I had to eat a wheel alignment, and change out a rim from hitting the curb to avoid this guy. Because I damaged the rim and alignment from "avaiding" and accident, I could not put in a claim against him because there was no impact with his vehicle. Laws are screwd up man. As you can tell by the reflective signs, DOT tape, and warning lights I just like to CYA. :gunsfirin