Mean old gobblers!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by outsourced, Jul 27, 2005.

1. outsourced

outsourced LawnSite Member

I have a couple of lawns that are out in the country that are vacant most of the year and I usually take my dog Lydia. She's a good girl, lab and german sheperd mix.

Yesterday we show up at the biggest job and she jumps out of the truck and goes flying to the back of the house. All of a sudden I hear the most god-awful commotion of barking, yelping and gobbling that I ever heard in my life and she comes flying back around the house with a turkey in hot pursuit! Later I looked back there and there were feathers everywhere. :dizzy: I have been making fun of her ever since and she still looks embarresed. I laughed so hard that my jaws started to hurt.

2. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

LMAO!!I am evntually going to get a lab and she will be my co-worker,where the equipment goes she goes,man they are great dogs.

3. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Stick her in the freezer. Thanks Giving is just around the corner.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Holy sh*t! The turkey was chasing your dog??? That's too funny...

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Bet you had a few "old birds" after you at some point and you were not laughing then. Probably hoping they did not catch you:D At least not till closing time LOL

6. Downunder Bob

Downunder Bob LawnSite Member

Loved the story.
    My eleven year old Kelpi cross comes everywhere with me too, some of the things she gets up to sure puts a smile on your face.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty much so Mac. At 10, they were all 2's, but at 2, they all became 10's...LMAO

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hang this in the truck to remind her not to run behind houses without you.

John

1109-800.jpg

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Those Old Tom's are mean as hell!!She's lucky they dident catch her!!

10. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

I'd be jumpin all over the chance to hunt those birds. If you have a bow I bet they'd have no problem with you coming back during the fall or spring season to arrow one of them since it sounds somewhat residential.