Measuring for bids?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CNYScapes, Oct 23, 2008.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys measure the lawn area for lawn maintenance bids? Commercial or residential? Seems like measuring some of these big apartment complexes and big shopping centers takes forever.

2. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

we dont do any single residential houses but all the other small mowing type we do is base on "eye contract" and knowledge..just figure if it a regular lawn and how many lawns it is

3. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I measure every bid. Thats the only way to do it right.

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I always measure for fertilizer or aeration and dethatching, however I don't measure for basic lawn cutting.

5. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

we dont fertilizer or aeration or dethatching just basic mowing weedeatting..trash and SOME edging...so just eye balling it

6. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

I rely on the eye for residential. Larger commercial gets the turf measured and a walk-around.

7. Precision Maintenance

Precision Maintenance LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Takes time to put in a bid... not just a walk in the park... take the time and do it right. Only way to make sure you over yourself... dont be lazy

8. Ruben Rocha

Ruben Rocha LawnSite Senior Member

I go online to the property appraiser site it gives me lots of useful info. Owner name,lot size address building size etc. And I print it out when I visit the site to jot down notes and planter areas.