1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Did some searching for a web site that offer good quality distance measuring wheels. The cheapest I have found is 99 bucks.. Anyone know of a place where I can get a good one for less?
    Thanks in advance
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Home Depot or Lowes. I paid about 70 bucks for mine at a surveying and engineering supply store, and now I see them for about 50.
  3. I got mine at Lowe's. If I remember right it was under $50. Works great, has a collapsable handle so it fits in the tool box easier.
  4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Quality Farm and Fleet - $59.00
    TSC - Tractor Supply Co. - $69.00
  6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

If your not going to use it a whole lot, like me, go to Lowes and buy the el-cheapo model. It has a small wheel which isn't real great across grass but for measuring beds and such it works fine. Mine was $29.95!!!!!!!
  7. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks all. Amazing how much time you can spend in a Lowes and Home Depot and NOT see something!. Appreciate the links also will check them out.
  8. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased the big-wheel at TSC its been several yrs, but i think it was around 60 dollars. Works fine and its quick. But like Homer says if you don't use them much a cheapie is fine. Marks Mowing Service
  9. cut-rite

cut-rite LawnSite Member

Harbor freight tools has the small weel one ,it's $12.00. Works O.K. I have a big one in my work truck and keep the little one in my pickup, that way when people ask for an estimate I always have a weel.
  10. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I got mine at Lowes, about $50.00