Mechanic In A Bottle?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RickyDL77, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't have made that claim....... But here ya go......

[​IMG]

2. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Anymore takers..???? Mastertechs...gatekeepers...wannabe snakeoil salemen..???
    This is too easy....
    The only ones that have all the answers are very stupid ....or very wise....aint no middleground here...
    NEXT......

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

So......... None of these products serve any beneficial purpose whatsoever (other than making a manufacturer $$$)? And that anyone who has had, what they might refer to as a positive experience, is mistaken? That even the periodic use of such products is a complete waste...even if trying/using them as preventative maintenance?

If so, well, you're spoiling my fun of spending my hard-earned money and pouring this stuff into my gas tank every now-&-again thinking I be one smart feller!?!

(Just a guess that the ones with a fuel stabilizer additive might actually offer something?)

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

There's a lot of apples to oranges comparisons on here. Stabilizers are a whole different category from the tune up in a bottle products and other types of additives. Some products work and others are just clever marketing gimmicks. Since there is little regulation of these products claims manufacturers' can pretty much claim anything they want.
    Prior to the FDA anybody could market medicines as cure alls with no legal ramifications. People were buying and injesting poisons from traveling salesman. How scary is that?
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Agreed. This is much like the current vitamin/herbal/supplement industry...unregulated.

I've got a local dealer who shared that he thinks the HH engine issues of today are more about the 'additives' in gasoline...and that even ethanol-free fuel has these 'additives'. While this is a fresh approach...I'm more confused now than ever. :dizzy:

6. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

If you do a little digging...you will find that the successful snakeoil companies are owned by the petroleum companies..
    Its a shell game with its fingerprints hidden in subchapter S corps and offshore companies...these guys are good...
    Who better to market a bogus fix all cure...than the ones that created the problem...???

We just need a solarcell battery that charges faster than it discharges...Then we can flip the switch...

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Wondered what was going on with this thread again.....should have guessed some troller didn't get the message......NO posting about snake oil in the mechanics section.