Medium size lawns: 60" WB too big?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wayne Offiler, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

Most of my lawns are 12 to 18 M sq. ft. I now have a Bunton 52 hydro WB with Proslide. This combination works well for me, so I'm not looking to move up to a ride-on Z. To cut down mowing time, I'm thinking of getting a 60" WB (probably Exmark). Has anyone made a move from 52 to 60" on this size lawns? Much advantage? Does this size deck give as neat a cut?

2. Shannon Phillips

Shannon Phillips LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Wayne, I went from a 52" dd hydro Ferris to a 60" exmark turf tracer hydro w/23 hp kaw. I am very pleased w/the mower. The only thing is I also used to have a DC and now wish I would have never sold it. As far as cut and stripe, there are no equal, the exmark is the best. You will be suprised how much quicker you will finish w/only the extra 8". Any other questions, let me know.

3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

depends on what kind of mower you get the older 60'S are scalping machines . ive got a older gravley and it does not have all the nice anti scalp wheels like all the brand new mowers so i dont use it on my high end accounts . but you will be amazed at how much faster you get stuff done with a 60 compared to a 52 .
    just orderd me a new Exmark 52" on tuesday hope to be mowing with it by next week :D