Meet at Expo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lanelle, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim K of Turf Magazine has graciously offered their booth as a meeting point for Lawnsite Members. We are thinking that a noon time gathering at the Turf Magazine booth might be a start for helping members put faces to screen names. I would suggest that each day at noon, members plan on gathering there. If dinner plans or other gathering plans are made, we could leave the details there for late arrivers. Thanks, Jim!
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This sounds like a fun time. Maybe this will be the year I make it down there, since I've never been to this event before. Thanks Jim for offering your booth for a meeting site for Lawnsite members. :)
  3. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I should make it down, I am only about 45 miles from there,off I-65. I will try!
  4. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Where is the expo and when???

5. Lanelle

EXPO will be July 20 - July 22, 2001 in Louisville Kentucky. The official name is: International Lawn, Garden& Power Equipment Exposition. There will be 600 companies exhibiting. Check out the details @
  6. JimK

JimK TURF MAGAZINE Publisher

Eric and the rest of you ... do try to make EXPO in Louisville. It's a great show -- with indoor and outdoor exhibits. Great chance to try out gear and meet others in the industry. (Just be prepared for very warm, humid weather).

I go every year and continue to look forward to it! And it would be great to meet up at TURF's booth. Guess I better order some extra chairs.

Jim at TURF Magazine
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I went last year for the first time. It is great. I plan to be back again this year. By that time of the year its great to have a long weekend. You don't even feel guilty because its still work related. :D

Count me in guys!

8. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd love to be there, I'll just have to figure out how to juggle things so I can make it. I just registered, so I'll plan on seeing you all there.
    (How far is it to Kentucky?...)
  9. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

With all the rain we had last yr., we weren't able to make it. This year we're gonna try again. We went back in '99, & had a great time. If you've never been there, GO. Set aside time in schedulle NOW to GO! You won't regret it. Tons of exhibitors, inside & out. Just be sure to bring a hat for outside to keep cool; back in 99 it about 'fricaissied' our brains out! Got to demo about every mower under the sun, which enabled me to choose which one to buy the next year.
    Also loved the backhoes & excavaters-diggin to China at the fairgrounds! Great stuff, & lots of freebies too. Don't miss it.
  10. Lanelle

Also, Jim is open to suggestions of what would make this more fun and more effective. Put your thinking caps on and let us know!