Meet my new (to me) CX160

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Aug 17, 2013.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Thats a good price on that maching if it is as good as it looks.
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet. Nice machine.
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I went to Great Falls last weekend and spent half a day on it. I then sent the Case dealer over to test pressures and look over the ECM to see if it has set off any codes. They looked at the VIN and said that its currently running to spec and historically has been a very good machine (nothing has been done to it that CASE was aware of).

There is a little wear in the main bucket pin. Other than that, I could find nothing wrong with it in the time I spent on it. Even the lights worked. It needs a new decal on the tail but its been well taken care of I think. I could see that all the filters including final drives have been written on with marker indicating hours at which they were changed.

Excavators were a dime a dozen at the start of the downturn, market has dried up considerably at least out here. It has taken a long time to find a machine with an acceptable amount of hours in good shape. I got the machine for about 4.5K under listed price.
  5. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

A very good friend of mine has the identical machine and he loves it. He has almost 8000 trouble free hours. Looks like a solid machine.
  6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Good to hear, the CASE service manager says that the CX excavators are the least problematic machines in the entire lineup. Very little issues with them.
  7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

:drinkup: Awesome, glad to hear you traded up. That has some really good options.
  8. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I'm jealous. Very nice machine and I hope it brings you good profits!
  9. jmacd

jmacd LawnSite Member

Congratulations! Air condition, coupler, all great have.
  10. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Nice! Ours just hit 4000 the other day when I was building a boulder wall (of course) and I thought of you if you had gotten one yet.

You check the valve cover gaskets if they were replaced/leaking oil? CX160's are known for that and that's about the only problem we've had with ours in the last 3000 hours.