1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnMowerMan2003, Aug 18, 2014.

1. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried this site? I got a response from my CL ad (not really the kind of response I wanted. lol But when I started to sign up I didn't because it looks like there is a choice of $10 a month or $20 a month, and I've never heard of the site.
  2. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

never heard of it either no one near me "0" lol
  3. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Most of the service providers in my area were teenagers or people with a full time job looking for some cash on the side. No thanks.
  4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, that's gotta be odd...we have all of the above and lots of lcos
  5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic

sounds like a dating site for landscapers.
    Beej likes this.
  6. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

tried it, not one lead...i dont think
  7. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

are they aggressively marketing in your area? Do they come up higher in search than you? If it's no and no, I'm not sure why they'd be worth throwing money at. Look how many of these "services" there are popping up right now that only exist to match "qualified, screened contractors" (the credit card went through) with "hot, qualified leads" (oh they're 300 miles away? hey that's your problem).
  8. Ditta&Sons

didnt cost me a penny to post, i think i only googled 'lawncare advertising' and it mightve come up....i made a profile and thats about it
  9. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't actually try to sign up. If it's free I might, although maybe I should google "san antonio landscaper" and see what comes up first. I may take a closer look at it and report back (if I don't have to pay in advance). I need to go to flyers now though.
  10. Ditta&Sons

heres mine, i think they make their money when you want a more advanced site with more options, i wasnt impressed but maybe youll have more luck

there are numerous sites like this; meet a roofer, meet a painter, meet a homecare provider blah blah blah, like i said, it didnt do anything for my business, it relies on people actually looking for job to be done and posting them on the site