Meg Max 72"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rwleigh, Nov 16, 2003.

1. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

I have been contacted to do a demo on a Yazoo/Kees Mega-Max 34hp 72" diesel mower! Has anyone tried one out?

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have run one (without blades going) at my friends dealership....its the same as the Husky mower.

3. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

Thanks Bunton Guy for the reply! There are no husky dealers with mowers around here.

4. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Kees Makes it for Husky. Its a very sweat machine...VERY Overpowered. Its alot more quiet than my current Yanmar diesel bobcat. This mower would have to be use alot in order to justify that twelve thousand five hundred dollar sticker price

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Odd....I thought it was LOUD. Personaly I thought the design was bad. The wheel base is way to long in my opinion. There is also an outreagous gap between the back of the deck and the drive tires.

Long wheel base + that gap + 72" deck = SCALPS

new kees z1.jpg

6. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

The deck doesnt look very deep either. Shouldn't a wider deck be deeper too to account for a larger volume of dispersed clippings?:confused:

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with Envy about the long wheelbase and "gap" between the rear of deck and the rear tire. It's like there S T R E T C H I N G them out. Sure it may give a better ride, but pretty soon, they're gonna get TOO long. The Mega Max is 95" long!!! Thats over a FOOT longer than a Lazer XP!!!

Also, its 1620 lbs.

And another BIGGIE....You CANT see the tires from the operators seat. Once you get used to being able to SEE your rear tires, its a MAJOR handicap NOT being able to!

8. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

I quess I will find out if it scalps or not I pick it up today and get to use it for the rest of the week! Everyone told me my bladerunner would scalp becouse of the gap between the deck and the rear tires but I have not experienced it doing that! Hopefully the Yazoo does not scalp, well see!

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

What are you currently using.

Size?

Mfg?

HP?

10. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

Tommy I currently have the following.

1988 Dixie 50" 20hp onan
    1999 Dixie 60" 25hp Kohler
    2001 Dixie 60" 25hp Kohler - Flatlander
    2002 Dixie 60" 23hp Kohler l/q
    2003 Bladerunner 72" 25hp Robin/Subaru

My 1988 is mainly used as a fertilizer rig. The rest of the mowers are used daily.