Meg-Mo Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lowe Mowing, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Lowe Mowing

Lowe Mowing LawnSite Member

Do any f you guys use or know anything about meg-mo blades?

2. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

Do a thread search on this topic...Lots of info.

3. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I use them the entire mowing season. Actually I bought a second complete set so I can just change them out unstead of take them off...sharpen right away... put them back on. They have a 30 day money back guaruntee so wait until next spring to try them for yourself before commiting. My personal choice after trying single, gators, doubles, etc. But, just my opinion.

4. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

F ME?????? No F YOU PAL........ lol

We use them in the fall and they work great for mulching leaves...... I dont like them for mowing though

5. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

I have used mine for a full season, and I believe all their good for is leaves or even when your just short of bush hogging. Otherwise, they leave alot of stringers and rob to much horse power from the motor.

6. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Josh
    Give us a call and we we will help you with the problems you are having.

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I just put them back on to use for leaves today. I did not have good luck with them them for mowing unless there was minimal growth. I also had the stringer problem. But I used them today on my own leaves and I was pretty happy with them. Since I am double cutting anyway this time of year the stringers will not be a problem. I wish I could get them to work right because they are definitely easier when changing blades than messing with doubles.

Derek