meg-mo blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Season 2 Season, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Season 2 Season

Season 2 Season LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys used the meg-mo blades? How did you like them? They seem costly.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have a few issues about this product.

1) If its SO great, why dont all mowers have them from the factory?

2) I've seen LOTS of commercial equipment, and talk to a LOT of poeple on here, and NOBODY seem to use the system.

3) Sharpening those little blades on a commercial blade grinder would be very difficult without something to hold them. Sharpening them on the disc is not possible with my grinder.

4) Lift foils dont seem too aggressive.

5) PRICE!!!!
  3. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Say what...?? I havent heard of them. Who makes em'? Who sells em'?
  4. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

There is a thread in the BLADERUNNER forum on meg-mo blades.
  5. Alan

Alan Member

There was a thread here a couple years ago about Meg-Mo blades. Somebody had a set and after a short trial they were thrown in the corner. I talked to the developer at L'ville in 99 and I wasn't much impressed with his knowledge. Sorta reminded me of a snake oil salesman in a traveling medecine show. The things are expensive and no guarantee, you own all the pieces even if they don't work.
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Remember that thread, and a few others. I even went so far as to contact the owner/inventor by phone. Snake Oil Salesman was the vibe I got as well. Its really a shame that he cant guarantee it. I'd like to try it, or make something similar but, double regular blades work well enough and are cheap!

If I remember right its like $70 per spindle!
  7. Season 2 Season

Season 2 Season LawnSite Member

I contacted them via e-mail asking if they had ones tofit scag. Said yes but price is 161.85 for the set. High priced.
  8. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

I talked to a bladerunner dealer today who sells the meg-mo blades. He said they work really well on a schweiss mower but on bladerunner, encore and dixie choppers he did not care for them.