Meg-Mo Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Psych-O, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Psych-O

Psych-O LawnSite Member

Has anyone used these blades? and are they worth it? Just curious.

2. mole

mole LawnSite Member

Yes I have them on my skagg wb love them. You can do a seach on the meg mo and you will find a lot on this topic good and bad. There not for everyone. I love them and have had no problems with them. Im in the northeast they seem to work great in our conditions up here.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I use them on my JD 757's , love them. Yes, they are worth their price and they also mulch leaves very well too.

4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Does any one out there use the meg mo's with the mulching baffles and plate? Im just curious becuase I run the mulch kits on my 2 Exmarks and like using them since it keeps I dont have to worry about the clippings spraing into the mulch beds, cars and wherever else I dont want them to go.

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Tried them w/eXmark Mulch Kits..2 Mowers...The knives Hit the Side of the Mulch Baffles...You could Grind them Down but for Mulching but you're Probably Better of w/Straight Blades.....

My Meg-Mos are Relegated to Bagging Units...They Really Pack the Catchers & Suck Up Debris !

6. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I would love to try them, but I can't get them to give me an e-mail reply giving me 100% satisfaction so I can return them if I am not satisfied. I hope they work well and cut down my mowing, but I can't pay that kind of money and take the loss.

7. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

the blades cut good I tried a set on a Zubota zd 18 -54 " deck but we also usea scag 72 " deck and when we would cut a property with both mowers we would scap with the scag when trying to cut the same height as meg mo set at the height that they would actually cut all the bahia grass and leave no shooters standing called MEG MO and explain my problem and they said send them back got full refund except for the shipping cost and I also had to pay for the shipping to return the blades

8. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Our return is still the same 100% product value.

9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

There has been many, many threads on this product. Do a search and find out some the interesting points made by other members who have used this product.

Gravely_Man

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hay Roy :waving:

You got to give them a shot.
    John