Meg Mo blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Steeley, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Steeley

Steeley LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I have read all the post about meg mo blades and some say they work in wet conditions and some say they clump bad, I just wanted to get some more opinions, I called up meg mo blades and they say they work great in wet conditions, Last mowing season it was dry 2 days in the morning the whole season so I need something to work good in wet conditions, I have a 737 john deere "54 thanks for any help

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Do a search and you'll find tons of info on these blades. If you have an extra set of blades laying around then try running doubles. I've heard they really help out a lot.

3. SLOWACE

SLOWACE LawnSite Member

I Bought Them Sent Them Back They Will Kill Your Mower Alot Quiker And For The Money They Are No Way Worth 200.00 Dollars

4. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't get doubles to work on my 54" 7-Iron deck. The lower blade is too low (below the lower lip of the deck) and I had terrible blow out. I use Meg-Mo's and they work great for me.

5. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I was on the phone with Meg-Mo yesterday. Great guy very knowledgable about the lawn care industrie as a whole. I just cant wait to try ours out soon.
    Where is the sun? No more snow!

6. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I used them early fall and late fall. Worked great. Lot less stress on my engine than doubles and did just as good of job. As far as spring, I will have to get back to you on that.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Get Them :D
    John

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. They do a great job.

9. Steeley

Steeley LawnSite Member
    from Maine

thanks guy for all the replys :waving:

10. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I have mixed feelings about them. Work great in the fall with the leaves because the did a great job in chopping up the leaves. I wasnt impressed at all with wet grass, they say on their website that the deck stays clean. I think my deck was worse. But hey they may work for others. One last thing, they are a pain in the azz to sharpen.