1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Meg-mo knives instead of blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark McC, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have the Meg-Mo "knives" on their equipment? If you read their site (www.meg-mo.com), it sounds like the best thing since sliced bread, but you know how advertising is.
  2. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

They sound pretty steep to me. I understood that the prices were per spindle. I have 3 on each mower. That could get expensive.
  3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Do a search there have been a few threads about them lately.
  4. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I had some on my mower for a while. They didn't quite work as good as promised. But some people think they work well. My biggest complaint was blow-out's and packing the deck with wet grass.
  5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

At this point (grass is wet in spring around here), I wouldn't expect them to be any big shakes. I was more interested in how they perform during summer, when things around here are a bit more arid.
  6. Teff's Lawn & Snow

Teff's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Member

We just strarted using them today and they do a great job on mulching up the grass, I hope they continue to work well.
  7. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder if they make the mower have the same sound as normal highlift blades?