1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Meg-Mo new blade design

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Meg-Mo, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The attached photo is showing the new MEG-MO blade on a Bad Boy deck. I thought you might like to see for yourself what all the talk is about.

meg-mo web.jpg

SHOW ME STATE RIDER LawnSite Member
    from MO

Was was the price for them ? exmark 52/32/48
  3. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Scag tiger cub, 52" 24 hp. Wondering if anybody has used these on their scags, and if they have practical opinions on their performance.
  4. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Does anybody use mega-mows on the 7-iron Deere decks, and how do they perform? With the bahia grass and sand I'm sharpening blades every 6 hours to keep top performance, getting sick of changing blades every time I mow. I need to hear from somebody down south, not anybody mowing that easy grass up north. Of course for the mega-mow price tag, they would have to make a big difference to be worth the price.
  5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

On the exmark 52 the blades cost $ 59. 95 per blade 32/48 the blades cost $ 49. 95 per blade.

Scag 52 blades cost $59. 95 per blade

The 7 iron check post by DLCS

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Meg-Mo do your blades offer an improvement over regular blades when using a mulching kit with baffles. Also, how do they perform when using a OCDC closed? I am considering purchasing a set for my Toro Z-master with the new turboforce deck. How much for one set for a 52" deck with one set of extra blades? Part number?

My mower is new and I havn't switched blades yet, so how do you guys get past the saddle that Toro uses for its blades? Is that a problem that can be overcome? What changes have you made on your "new design" what is different?
  7. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you balance the blades? Or do you just not...I don't see how you could.
  8. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

i heard if you buy a bad boy mower your customer will drop you? does this hold true with those kind of blades also?:)
  9. The Lawntamers

The Lawntamers LawnSite Member

lee I tried a set of Meg-Mo this past season on a 62" side discharge Walker. I could not tell any difference from my regular blades. They needed sharpening in one day and the lifters wore off in about 7 days of mowing. Our sandy soils here in southwest Ga. are real abrasive.Needless to say that was an expensive experiment for me. Live and learn. RLM
  10. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. Alot of things that work up north just don't work here.