Meg-Mo System anyone???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dbowlby, Aug 4, 2005.

1. dbowlby

dbowlby LawnSite Member

I am starting out in the business with a Toro ZTR 48" deck, Troy-bilt 33" walk behind and a John Deere 21" Walk behind. Has anyone used the Meg-Mo cutting system on their machines? Are they worth the money???

2. burroughslawnservice

burroughslawnservice LawnSite Member

I've heard they are not worth it. Just double the blades on each spindle.

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I've heard mixed reviews. Some guy love them for leaf mulching and then there are others that prefer to run doubles. Personal preference really. Up towards the upper right of the page there is a seach feature you can use to look up old posts on them or any other topic you want to know about. Cuts time down really fast, also when a question is asked so many times people quit responding to it so you're not getting the most info available.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have a set and they work well for me. I've been running other blades off and on all season depending on the situation. But just yesterday, I sharpened the meg's up and have them ready for use today. Personally, they are not a blade for all conditions daily, but conditions change almost daily so having them is a huge plus. A pro should have several different types of blades for the different conditions and seasons. So if you plan to use them for your only blades then no...but if you want and excellent blade for different times they are great.