meg-mo system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by badjetman23, Jun 10, 2011.

1. badjetman23

badjetman23 LawnSite Member

i am looking into a set of meg mo blades for my hustler shortcut 1500 was wondering if anyone is running or has run the meg mo system

2. Kreios

Kreios LawnSite Member

Don't waste your money. Just take two blades and put them on like a + when you torque them down they won't go any where a you get what meg mo claims you get.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. badjetman23

ya thats what i am running now it seems to work well you ever run gators

4. Kreios

Kreios LawnSite Member

I only use I high lift blades.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Kreios

Kreios LawnSite Member

I didn't like my Meg mo blades. They left strips in between the blades when mowing in thick conditions.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. badjetman23

sure is alot of money to spend for something that isnt any better than running doubles I still have the dandalions that haunt my lawn they never seem to cut off the stems i think they are spring steel or something

7. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

We are running them right now, so much better than the Dixie chopper x-blades I was using. Seems a lot easier on my mowers. On the 26hp lc 60" it wouldn't even turn x-blades, with the megs they kickoff fine. So far I have them on 10 mowers, and everyone loves them. $60 to replace blades is a lot better than $120 for the x-blades, I don't think they are expensive at all, the blades last waaaay longer too...
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. retrodog

We are running them right now, so much better than the Dixie chopper x-blades I was using. Seems a lot easier on my mowers. On the 26hp lc 60" it wouldn't even turn x-blades, with the megs they kickoff fine. So far I have them on 10 mowers, and everyone loves them. $60 to replace blades is a lot better than $120 for the x-blades, I don't think they are expensive at all, the blades last waaaay longer too...
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

$60 for three? If so they came down in price. I had them on a diesel 60" Dixie and they did not work at all. I had to run it at half throttle to get them to cut.

10. retrodog

$4.95 a blade, 4 blades on each spindle= $60 bucks for all three spindles, or 16 blades. So far no complainers, just praises for them, as soon as I hear anything I will let you guys know, but so far they are some mowing monsters especially on my 36hp vanguard 61" Outlaw....