MEG-MO Systems - Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Meg-Mo, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The Meg-Mo blades are in perfect balance at all times. Centrifical force does this. The blades you are using are balanced when you put them on. When you take your blades off to sharpen they have a nick in them. When did this happen, right after you put them on or just before you took them off? With a nick in your blades they are out of balance.
    Meg-Mo blades don't just nick and tip speed does not have anything to do with this. We have blades on Dixie Choppers, Exmark, John Deere, Hustler and all 70 or 80 other brands of mowers, including the new Bad Boy.
    We invented these blades on a JD and an Exmark and both machines are 12 or 13 years old and still out perform any other mower out there.
    All mower manufactures tell how great their machines are, but all use 70 year old technology in their blades. Six or seven companies make all blades used today on mowers. They have told us that we are just selling blades.
    I was tired of what you people are putting up with so now we make apleasure out of mowing.

2. Dr. Mow

Dr. Mow LawnSite Member

i am very interested in your blades, but they are a little to pricey for me right now.

how often do you replace the knives?

what happens when you bend a disc?

How do they do on rough terrian?

do they eat up the hp as much as running doubles?

how about a free set to demo????
    ( 61" ferris)

3. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

How do they do in thick grass? Do they still perform well? It seems as though they would try to fold back not pushing through like standard blades. Also, do you offer any type of 30 day satisfaction guarantee or anything. I am like the other guys with interest in your product but cannot let go of that much money not knowing exactly what I am getting.

If these are what you say you shouldn't have any concern of any coming back if a 30 day guarantee was offered.!

I look forward to your reply.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

They do have a 30 day money back guarantee. Normally there is a 20% restocking fee but Roy (Meg-Mo) is doing away with it for Lawnsite users.

I am currently waiting for my set to show up at my door.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm running a set on a JD 757 with a 25hp and I don't notice any loss of power whatsoever. Give Meg MO Systems a call they can answer the rest of your questions for you.

6. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Meg-Mo you have said a few times now that the blades do not nick. But they get dull right? Sharpening them is still an issue. How would you go about sharpening them and maintaining proper balance. Now if ya tell me they wont get dull either, I just might have to invest in a set. If this is the case, they would be well worth the money.

Wont need 30 days to test em. I will know after the first day

7. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Read my post it tell about balance. the knives will out wear 3 or 4 sets of the blades you are using now. take 4 times what you pay for what you are using anr the MEG MO are not to costley. yes knives do dull but very easy to sharpen.

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

What brand of mower did you buy them for?

9. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

$180 a set for the lazer is a little steep for me right now. They do look like they would work good though. Maybe next year.:)

10. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe I'm not that smart, but I can't see how you could balance these after the first sharpening.
    Can you enlighten me?