Meg-mo Vrs Leaves....

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KathysLGC, Nov 3, 2007.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok i know many who haven't used them want to know how well they really work so i decided to post a few pics of just how well they do in leaves.

You'll see on this property many trees are still green and they lawn sucks so it won't do a good job at hiding the mulched leaves but this is just to show what meg-mos can do and how small they chop up the leaves. i had to go over this small pile about 4-5 times to get them like this and most of the passes where in reverse. i like to keep the shoot down to keep the output from being spread to far. Since I'm side discharging and mulching I want the leave to stay close.

These are the before pics.

IMG_0414 (Large).jpg

IMG_0415 (Large).jpg

IMG_0417 (Large).jpg

2. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

OK, and? the after?

3. KathysLGC

Now here are the after pics..........

IMG_0420 (Large).jpg

IMG_0419 (Large).jpg

4. KathysLGC

Here are some close up pics of just how small the leaves get. As you can see from the leaf, they really do mulch leaves well but if you plan to mulch the leaves you will need to know their limit. This was obviously too many leaves to mulch but since it was a crappy part of the lawn I didn't care.

IMG_0423 (Large).jpg

IMG_0425 (Large).jpg

5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd assume that you blow those leaves off the lawn so they don't create a "mat" and block out the grass growth?

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You need an OCDC man!

Check my sig.

7. KathysLGC

In this part of the lawn there is no need to blow out the leaves except for around the tree. There was hardly any grass there to begin with. i would mulch that many leaves on a lawn. this was just to show how Meg-mos work.

TLS, They're not really meant to be used with an OCDC but i am thinking of getting one..... How much?

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You can use an OCDC with any type of blade.
    Wait until you try mulching when you can close off the discharge. You think those clippings are small!

$125 plus actual UPS shipping.

9. KathysLGC

Hmmmm $125. isn't so bad. I have a blade sharpener for sale. If it sells I'll buy it off you.

Meg-mo claims there system works best side discharging

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Let me know.

Sure all blades work best when side discharging.

But when you don't want to spray the side of a house with green grass, or you don't want to discharge leaves 3 swaths away, you need to do something. You stated you simply lower your shoot. Well this does the same thing! Plus you can TOTALLY close off the discharge. Not to mention directing it down at a sharp angle to blow off driveways, and loosen stubborn packed down wet leaves.