Meg-Mo you out there?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BrandonH, Apr 8, 2004.

1. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

I was thinking about ordering a set of your blades for my '04 Scag Wildcat and wanted to know a price and how long you think shipping would take to 77445. I have the advantage 61" deck.

Thanks
    -Brandon

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Give him a call. :)

3. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Blades for 61" mower cost $224.85, that includes shipping. They will out 3 or 4 sets of the blades you use now and grass cut up 4 or5 times smaller, no cleaning deck, balanced when running, replacement knives only $3.95 each.

4. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

I really want to get a set, but the price tag is making me think a little harder. They're probably worth it, I'm just not 100% sure I NEED them.

Let me ask you one question about them...I've seen you post about keeping the deck clean, can you please explain to me how Meg-Mo's do this.

Thanks,
    Brandon

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I ordered some Meg-Mos & will be Very Surprised if they actually eliminate deck scraping. In the spring we have to scrape decks 10 times a day when wet so I find it hard to believe that the decks won't have to be scraped again for 10 years after installing Meg-Mos. Regardless if even half of what is reported in terms of sharpening intervals, cut quality in lush turf & deck scraping is true, I'll be happy......We Shall See.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

give him a call. i inquired about meg mo blades, the guy was more than eager to explain every detail to me about how they work and so on. unfortunately we are on different times, we never did hook up. i'll get in touch with him some day. i'm sure he will be very helpful and answer all your questions