Meg-mo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NEWTRACK1, Jul 29, 2004.

1. NEWTRACK1

NEWTRACK1 LawnSite Member

Any one tried the meg-mo blade system on any hustler products.

2. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I got them to answer me about what I would need to order for my JD Z-trak. But, as soon as I ask him to confirm his guaruntee so I can return them if I am not satisfied and he won't respond to four e-mails I have sent to him.

I want the system to work as others are very satisfied with them, but I just want him to reassure me about their money back offer and no such luck.

3. HOLLEND

HOLLEND LawnSite Member

I talked to them today they said that for my hustler fastrak 18/44
    it would cost 165.00 with shipping. that was not to bad but the only thing i did not like was you can only get replacement blades from meg-mo. she never mentioned that they would guaranty on the product.

4. farmer58

farmer58 LawnSite Member

About three months ago i tried the meg-mo blades on my kubota zd21. I compared them with my regular blades and found they did not measure up, on my machine they rob horsepower, they clump wet grass worse than regular blades, and when the grass is heavy they fold back. I called many times trying to resolve my problems. roy was polite as was the woman i talked to, the woman did offer to refund my money but at that point in time i was not ready for that as i was still trying to make them work. When i did make the call to ask for a refund i talked to roy and he wanted to resolve my problem instead of giving me the refund. He offered to come down so i could show him what they were doing which i agreed to, that was 2 months ago, i am not waiting any more as i have given up on the product. I done everythig roy ask me to try, if they work on your mower great, but they do not work on mine.

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I'm using the megs on a couple mowers w/catchers to suck up debris after storms...they vac a lawn almost as well as a Trac-Vac w/high lifts.

6. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

some type of grass they work great on others not so great sent mine back not because of quality of cut but could not get the same height of cut with two different machines 1 had meg mos the other OEM blades when we finally got the deck low enough for the blades to cut the other mower my 72" deck woud scalp the lawn in some spots so we went back to stanard blades

7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I tried them early this spring on my Super Z and did not have satisfatory results. I found they were folding back in thick grass leaving lots of uncut grass, and didn't keep the underside of the deck clean whatsoever. They seem to work better in certain areas on certain mowers, and probably work great in the fall. I neede something to be used year round and not under certain conditions. I get better results with doubles and can mix blade combo's for any condition for a bit cheaper.

8. mole

mole LawnSite Member

i use them on a 48 skagg walk behind in the north east. i love them they work great.

9. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I call them Mega-blo's because they blow clumps of grass and a lot of hot air, they don't cut thick or wet grass worth a darn. Save your money if you get the right mower and deck arrangement your lawns will look great.

10. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Gator blades seem to work better...less weight, just as strong, and cut better