Meg-Mo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Oct 8, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Can I use Meg-mos with a mulching kit on my 737? And does anyone have a price for the setup of this

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

No, you can't use Meg Mo's with a mulch kit. You would have too much blow out. I found the Meg Mos do much better than the JD mulch kit at chopping up the clippings.

3. chefdrp

how are they on leaves?

4. DLCS

Work excellent on leaves too. I try to get some pictures, when the leaves really start to fall here.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Darrin, DLCS,

Off topic... sorta... but do either of you have a picture of the 7-Iron mulch kit? I've been trying to get a look at one forever. But it's like chasing ghosts..............

6. chefdrp

I have a mulch kit for my 737. Ill try and take a pic today. Its not mounted on the 7 iron deck as of now but ran it last year.

7. DEA

DEA LawnSite Member

Just looked on thier web site.
    My question is for a 48" deck is that $89.95 for all three blades or 89.95 ea. :confused:

8. DLCS

DEA,

Meg Mos are priced per spindle. I assume your 48" deck has three blades right? If so, then the blades are less than 18" so the the price would be $49.95 per spindle.

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Meg-Mos hit the sides of my Mulch Kits....They Work Great on leaves w/the catchers.....Packs the Catcher Tight w/Leaf Dust !