1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Meg-Mos on a 72" Lazer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by clovergurl1487, Oct 29, 2004.

1. clovergurl1487

clovergurl1487 LawnSite Member

I would like to get your input on using the Meg-Mo blade system on the Exmark 72" Lazer with a 26hp Kohler EFI engine. It is a 2001 model. I have done searches on lawnsite and read where some have found they put the unit under heavy load on PTO engagement as well as while mowing. Do you see any problems they can cause with the PTO, spindles, belts etc.. I would like to get a set for leaf cleanups. I have read about alot of good results doing that with them, but at the same time I don't want to wear out the equipment. Any input would be appreciated.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

We can't really recommend such items. If they weight more than a standard blade they will create more load. More load can create more wear.

Maybe some of they guys have tried them.

Personally I've not tried them but based upon what we've found when testing other blade types it's likely you'll get better all around performance with one of the OEM or similar blade profiles.