Meg-mos' worked pretty good for me.....

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by KathysLGC, Nov 28, 2005.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I used them for leaves at a few places and I was impressed at their ability to suck up the leaves compared to running doubles and having a lot of blow out. I had to go over the leaves about 5-7 times. The meg-mos have better discharge then running doubles. They also seem to have less lift which gives you more lift the doubles. They say you can sharpen them with an angle grinder with out removing them from the disks but I just can't see how that can be so I remove the blades from the disks and give them a nice clean edge with my blade grinder. I haven't had much use with these on grass but on leaves they really do, do a good job. At the moment I still don't think they are worth the cost. I will see how they fair against grass next season and how long the stay sharp. i know when doing leaves I hit a few branches that where burried and i thought for sure i was going to have nicks, nope not a single nick....