1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Meg Mos

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsh1773, Jul 25, 2005.

1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used the Meg Mos on a Scag tiger cub with the 48" advantage deck 19 hp Kaw? If so how would you rate them compated to high lifts or regular blades? Also what did the set cost you? Also how long do you have to wait between order date and delivery date for replacement knives? Thanks.
  2. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The set of blades would cost $179.85 . That includes shipping and we ship with in 3 days. Most of the time next day.
  3. T.Wells

T.Wells LawnSite Member
    from PA

The product looks great and I really like the idea behind them. Great work.

Has there been any thought of putting something out for the homeowners out there (like me)? The price tag may be a bit of of reach for a single property owner as the cost savings of sharpening and replacement blades is no where near that of commercial operator for us homeowners.

I found you while looking for new blades (mulching) for my homeowners Cub Cadet RZT50.

4. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

I have a 48" Bobcat, 15HP Kawi on it. Is this enough power to run Meg-Mo's in the fall when grass isn't growing that fast, but there is often 2-3 inches of leaves per property?
  5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The Meg-Mo's will work fine for your leaves. You are on the borderline in hp in heavy grass in the spring. Your blades are 16 1/4" and 5/8" center hole, just call our toll free number and we will be happy to answer any questions. Thanks
  6. bama26

bama26 LawnSite Member

meg-mo can i run your system on my husky tractor 18hp 48in cut if so what do i need
  7. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The blades for your mower are 16 5/8 " with a star center hole costing $179 .85 with shipping.