Meg-mos

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cutnedge, Nov 3, 2004.

1. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

Has anyone here tried the meg-mos on a Mini-z?

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Not on a mini, but tried them on my Super Z with "not so good" results.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

What happened with the meg mo's? Did it make the deck clog up or didn't cut good or what?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

4. compost king

compost king LawnSite Member

I have a set on my 72" Hustler 320 and like them, but they are a little akward to sharpen.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have a set on my red mower now. I really like them.

6. imograss

The Meg's did clog the deck of the super z badly. They also would fold back in thick turf causing strips to be left, even after 3 or 4 passes at a crawl :angry:

7. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Have been using them on my 52" for a couple of weeks and love them. Mostly on leaves, but the other day had a lawn that just needed mowed and they did great. Grass was kinda long and I mulched it. Striped like no other, well with my homemade stripe kit.

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Everyone who uses them in thick grass has this problem. Shortly, Hustler will have new blades that will work as well or better than Meg mo's have been reported to cut. As I am currently testing many of these blades as singles and doubles, in many instances, the singles work well enough that there's no need to even run doubles.
    However, as doubles, these blades can cut and blow a lawn that would normally require a backpack to give a finished look.

9. imograss

Wonder what kind of time frame it will be before we see them? I really am dreading the spring deck cleaning on every other lawn. I hope it limits some of this.