member names

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by GreenStar, Jan 14, 2002.

1. GreenStar

GreenStar Banned

i just wanted to vent a little..... i own
    greenstar commercial groundskeeping there is a new member that has the same name GREENSTAR. yes it's foolish but we all need to keep an idenity here to weed out joe homeowner.
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a Greenstar landscaping in my area too. What are you trying to say?
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I smell what you're cooking, but the original Green Star who signed up first may just be thinking the same thing about you since you signed up after him. Just one in a million crazy coincidences. BTW, he is Green Star Landscaping.
  4. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

I'm sure if you posted your ACTUAL LOCATION the multiple names wouldn't be that much of an issue.
  5. Scraper

Good point, High Point. I too dislike when people don't fill in that information either. In addition, why would you want to use your company's name anyways? I don't understand why people do. As you stated about homeowners, it's a good way for them to come see what you are saying. Some things said in here should not be seen by customers and if you used your real name or company name they'd see what you're saying. Get the idea?
  6. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Yeah, I get the idea. Which is why everyone ought to be forced to use their company name.
  7. Scraper

That's a bright idea Stonehenge. NOT! Definitely would run away many legitimate posters. No offense, but I put pricing in from time to time to help others which concerns me...can't remember ever having put a mower down stairs though. ;) Maybe it should be required, but then the forum could be locked for only legitimate LCOs to view. I see the quality information you post so I am not attacking you, but as for others...I see what you mean.
  8. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL Scraper! I don't see anything wrong with putting your business name here, it would hurt some & help some of them probably. As far as customers seeing what we post price wise: If they don't understand that we are in business to provide a service & make a profit to make a healthy living, then they are the types of customers one should avoid anyway. We are not running charities here, so they shouldn't expect to get stuff for free or at cost from us. Reading some of our pricing posts would hopefully have the effect of educating them as to why we have to charge the prices we do for that seemingly simple maintenance or patio install contract, etc. As for the people posting things other than the pricing info mentioned that shouldn't be seen by customers or potential ones, well shame on them for posting that stuff at a PUBLIC forum.
  9. Scraper

Well said BRL...I retract all my prior statements and have been born again! I will contact Chuck ASAP to change my screen name. ;)

Serious though about retracting my statements.
  10. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't like several members having essentially identical names. If I have to try to remember the differences because one has caps and the other doesn't-----with the numbers we have here it is just too difficult. Once a name is taken, I think it is taken, period. Also, I work for a company, and once in a while I change jobs which is a pretty common occurance in my locale. How confusing would that be for me to change names with each job change?