member of the bbb

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Stringblade, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Stringblade

Stringblade LawnSite Member
    from pgh pa

The better business bureau called me yesterday to invite me into the bureau. I told him I would think about it. Need to first hear what some others are saying. I know It can be a real good thing. And make ones business look very professional. But I don't know if I want the third party arbitration When one pita's customer gets mad. let me know what you all think of this situation.

2. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Customers don't call the BBB to make sure no one has a complaint before they buy. I've never done it. I don't know of anyone who does.

We've had an open complaint, unanswered, on us from the spring of 2004 at BBB. We never answered the complaint. We know the complaint was bullschit but we never answered the complaint because the customer was threatening a chargeback though Visa/MasterCard.

Since the complaint was opened at BBB, our business has grown from 169 clients to 378.

BBB is a sales organization.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

3. Stringblade

Stringblade LawnSite Member
    from pgh pa

Good point. Who really goes to bbb online before they choose a contractor.
    DFW landscaper, When a complaint goes unanswered does the bbb drop you?
    also did the bbb contact you?

4. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Yes. The BBB contacted me to let me know I had an unanswered complaint. While they had me on the phone, they tried to schedule a face to face sales call.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

5. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I got suckered in. This is the 3rd year as a member. I don't know if I will renew the membership. The BBB directory has generated a total of 1 call, someone wanting to contact a minority owned company to service a minority neighborhood....ha...ha...ha...::;)
    Of which I am not and will not service the area she wanted.:laugh:

However, I do state that I am a member in advertising. I mention it sometimes to new customers, as a hook and many have said they remember seeing the BBB logo that in the ad.....hmm?

6. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

I just posted about this a few days ago... they called me too, wanted over $300 but i didnt go for it... It's half way down the page, others had some things to add.

All Clear