Men or Women

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Sep 23, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Who do you contact, or when you go to do an estimate.. Who is it that you deal with?

For me all are women except for 1. I would assume because the Husbands are working.

2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

3. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Whoever calls, I would say its about half men and half women.

Jeff

4. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

Whoever calls its seems the women has the final say when it comes to signing the contract.

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

After I give a price;
    If a woman says, "I have to ask my husband" it translates into "No" and I won't get the job.
    If a man says "I have to ask my wife" it translates into, "I have to ask my wife" and I might get the job.
    So, I guess I'd rather deal with the wife, because she makes the decision anyhow.

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Funny that..I deal with mostly the husbands..then once I get the job I deal with the wives. I like both to be involved with the project so we all stay on the same page. But I am talking landscaping here not maint.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Usually about a 50/50 mix for me.

8. mike plummer

mike plummer LawnSite Member

who ever has the money Idon;t care if it's Jhonny walker red

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

A good bit more women than men...another interesting this is I rarely deal with a PITA woman the PITA's are almost always men...I think because the women want an LCO to free up their husband's time so he can go shopping at Linens and Things with them on the weekend, they don't want to piss the lawnguy off :laugh: Men more often like the lawn done "their way" and tend to get in MY way more often :nono:

10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Almost all women for me I dont even see the husbands often