Mentor needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Moguy, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

I was wondering if any LCOs in Michigan would be intrested in mentoring. I know that experience is necessary to succeed in this business and would really like to "tag along" to see the way any of you operate. I'm by far the most efficent or could use improvement(s). I also know that time is money and wouldn't want to take away from your work but, I could spare a day a week or whatever is convienant if anyone is intrested.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

where are you located at?

3. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

Oakland county

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

oh...you're a little ways away from me then. I'm up in Clare

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would be happy to help you out in any way I can. It would be a little impracticle for you to come up here, but it may be worth your while. I've got about 20 years in the biz, and know dozens of "worksavers" and "workwasters" that are so common of many lco's. I'm probrably about 45 minutes north of you.

6. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Good for you Moguy!!!

That is exactly the best and fastest way to succeed in any business... Find someone who is successful and copy what they do... Then you can tweek the business to find your niche....

You are on the right track.... keep the good attitude... :)

Best of luck, Clay

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, you needed someone successful???:cry: :D

8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

9. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

Thanks guys,
    Runner- I grew up in the Flint area and would really like to meet up with you, whenever your schedule allows. Whats the best way to contact you ? Nextel ?

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Moguy:

I'd say you made a good choice selecting Runner (Joe).
    From his posts here, he sounds like he run a good reputable business, very polite, and nice. I'm sure he will be of much help to you. :)