1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Merchant Circle

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Larson Lawn Care, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I signed up for the free merchant circle online, I was thinking about upgrading to their $59.99 (not exact price) per month. Has anyone advertised with them? If so, how well did it work out for you?

I would like to get some better advertisement online, any options or advice would be very appreciated.

2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

That name rings a bell now that you mention it.

Don't recall seeing them show up for Google searches for landscape and tree work on the first page of results much: in this area.

Do people log in direct to find companies, like how homeowners go to Angie's List?

Odds are that I have a free listing in there already and forgot about it. I glanced for Portland, and it seems that most companies are opting for the free listings.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  3. Larson Lawn Care

My free ad shows up within the first few pages when I do a few google searches. I haven't had any business from it yet though.

4. mdvaden

I was clicking on various companies listing today, just to see how many clicks or views they were getting. None really had that much traffic.

Guess if you can get even one job in two years from that, even that might be worth the 10 minutes to fill out the data.

Finally saw that I had a listing by trying to log in. Think it show 4 page views.

5. Larson Lawn Care

I'm wondering how much better the monthly payment options are... I imagine it would be much better than the free option but I don't want to pay for anything without research and reviews.

6. mdvaden

type in your city and search keywords

If merchant circle does not appear on the first page, that might settle the decision there.