1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

merger

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dstifel, Jul 17, 2013.

1. APLUS LAWN CARE

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

That is very sound advice. The best advice is the advice given by someone who has been there, done that!

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck to you and your new partner. I know your excited and I hope it works out well for everyone.

3. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you. I think we will make it work because of the fact that I will be soley in charge of landscape and him of mowing and chemicals. Only time will tell.

4. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Be sure everything is covered in a written contract by a lawyer.

5. dstifel

Yep I have had my lawyer and CPA look over everything both said it would be dumb not to it from financial stand point .

6. dstifel

Sorry guys been super busy but just thought i would check in. MErger has been going great and increased both businesses alot. Most recently landed a deal with a builder for 30 houses next year with a 20K landscape budget each. Been meeting with lots of other builders to discusss similar contracts. Going from solo with a part time guy to a business partner with 4 crew members has opened alot of doors and allowed me to concentrate on landscape side while he concentrates on the turf maitnace side. Also been attending classes this winter on irrigation and landscape lighting to continue and further the business. Thanks for all the advice and support owe lots of sucess to this site!

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Good deal man. Partnerships can be great, and terrible. Ive been in business with my partners for 8 months now and the success has doubled. As long as you manage to find like minded people and willingness to check ego's at the door than great things can happen. Good luck in the coming years.

8. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

You'll be in honeymoon stage for a while. Hope it lasts for ya. Personally I had a partner for 2 years and would NEVER do it again. We are still very good friends but had we stayed partners Im sure it would have been an ugly ending!

On that note, GOOD LUCK!